Stonehenge! I visited Stonehenge in November 2015, and it is by far one of my favourite places I've ever been - I'm talking top 3. I'm a history student, so archaeological sites are literally my favourite things to visit when on holiday. Stonehenge has always been on my list, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. That being said, my expectations were simply what the site is. BUT, If you come expecting something otherworldly and magical, well try and remember that those stones - sarsen and bluestone, brought from 32 and over 250 km respectively - have been there for an estimated 4500 years, and that seems pretty magical to me. When you visit Stonehenge, make sure you read the the information and have a look around the visitor centre where you first arrive - it will tell all about why Stonehenge is so impressive. It has information on not just the Stones at Stonehenge, but the surrounding area, which includes burial mounds, and an ancient lands...
Comments
Post a Comment