Paris

Paris

Paris is one of those cities that almost everyone has on their list of "must see before I die".
When I was there, I unfortunately didn't get to see Paris in its prime. I arrived on November 15th, two days after the Bataclan Terrorist Attack. So whilst the city was still beautiful, it was subdued. 
But, even when the city was in mourning, it was still one of the most amazing cities I have ever been to. 


I'm going to make this short and sweet. 

My top pick, The Louvre. It's beautiful inside and out, and if you're into history, it's a veritable goldmine. You've got sections on Art from numerous time periods and places (My favourites are the ones of Napoléon Bonaparte, and the various sculptures). It's a can't miss destination. oh and if you can try and get them to let you ride the little elevator up to the exit through the pyramid (I pouted, she gave in).


Exiting through the Pyramid!





My favourite statue - Athena!

Okay Next! Eiffel Tower of course. It's definitely not overrated. 


I was cold...

Next on my you have to do this list - Climb the Arc de Triomphe! It's absolutely gorgeous, and there's a fabulous view from the top. 




I spent a good hour up there laughing at the traffic below; there are no lanes, and no rules, it was honestly hilarious.


Disneyland!!!!








And at least swing by Notre Dame, pay your respects to the hunchback.



Okay last but not least on Lara's extremely short Paris bucket list - Château de Versailles.
It is such a gorgeous place, and so so big. You have to make sure you spend an entire day just for it. 
Now the main palace is absolutely stunning, decked out in your classic European Royal Family style. 
Make sure you explore all the gardens, and check out Marie Antoinette's own little house. 

Marie Antoinette's little house

Part of Marie's gardens








author: Lara Cunningham

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taiwan Travel tips

What to eat when you are in Melbourne